Nothing says Fall to me like a nice bowl of deep-fried Oreo Cookies. My family and I get them every year during the Louisiana State Fair. Each year they are just as good as the year before. I’m looking forward to the fair this year so I can enjoy them once again. In the meantime, I decided to try making these delicious deep fried Oreo Cookies at home.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 (18 oz) package of cookie (cream filled) like a Oreo
- Some powered sugar for topping
- Some chocolate syrup for topping
- Heat 2 quarts oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg, milk & 2 teaspoons veggie oil in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the pancake mix until all lumps are gone.
- Dip a cookie into the batter one at a time
- Carefully place each dipped cookie into the deep-fryer.
- Cook until golden brown (1.5 to 2 minutes).
- Drain excess oil on to a paper towel or brown paper bag.
- Top with powdered sugar & chocolate syrup.
You’ve yourself a sweet treat that your entire family is going to absolutely love!! The great thing about this recipe is you can do so much with it. Try coming up with some other delicious deep-fried treats.
What is your favorite food to eat at the fair??