I was cruising through my regular blog reads a few weeks ago and came across a Recycled Melted Crayon Art tutorial by Randomosity and I knew I had to try it out with my little girl. I’m a crayon freak, I absolutely love the smell. I could have done this craft with older crayons but why pass up a perfectly good opportunity to buy new crayons?!
We only needed a few supplies for the fun and super easy project. We recently bought new furniture for our daughter’s room and painted. The only thing missing is some really great artwork. I had a blast making these two pieces of art with her. Now Jasmine has two beautiful truly unique pieces of art for her room, plus we got to have quality mother daughter time.
- Crayons (we bought new but you can use whatever you have around)
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Canvas (or whatever you have)
- Sort crayons before gluing. This will help you go a little quicker (worked good for us).
- Glue crayons however you want to your canvas or paper (I did a single row first).
- Use your blow dryer to melt the crayons.
- This is the fun part. Be creative!!! The crayon wax will go where ever you want it to go simply by angling the blow dryer.
- You can leave this step out if you want. Totally up to you.
- Glue a second layer of crayons over the first layer then hit it with the blow dryer again.
The wax literally dries in seconds. Your DONE! This was honestly the easiest wall art I’ve ever made and it was a ton of fun to.
I can’t get over all the stunning color combinations. The sky is the limit with this project. Try this one, you and your kids are going to love it.