If you are a petite lady you may struggle with finding clothing to flatter your height. Petite ladies need to find clothes that enhance their height and do not drown them out. We invited Miss Williams, the petite clothing expert, to give us some tips for picking a dress for a petite figure and also some general tips to make the most of your height.
As a petite lady myself, I was inspired to create a range of clothing that was specifically tailored to help shorter women to make the most of their height. The Miss Williams brand is all hand-picked by myself to ensure it will be as flattering as possible. There are many things I have learnt about dressing a petite figure, here are some tips to help:
Fashion Tips for Petite Ladies
- Don’t wear outfits that split your body at the centre line, creating two halves. Try high-waisted trousers that go to your waist line or a dress that cuts higher up. Wear V-neck shaped tops. V-neck tops elongate your neck which works great for petite women. This is true for dresses also.
- Wear monochrome outfits. Avoid wearing a lot of colors and patterns. Fashion experts recommend sticking to one or two colors if you are petite.
- Get rid of any extra layers. You do not want your petite frame to be hidden by layers of extra cloth – this will just make you look shorter and wider.
- Wear vertical stripes. Vertical stripes elongate your figure giving the appearance of being longer and thinner.
- Wear a belt the same color as your trousers. According to fashion experts it makes your legs look longer as it is continuing the vertical line of your trousers.
Maxi Dress for Petite Ladies
Think a floor-length number will drown you? Think again! Choose a style with cut outs to add definition to a long style. This backless maxi dress is perfect for day, or night. Plus, bright white is right on trend, especially when teamed with some eye-catching color block accessories.
Casual Dress for Petite Ladies
This casual dress ticks all the boxes to flatter a petite lady. The monochrome print adds interest yet is not too overwhelming. It also cuts high on the waist to elongate the legs. The perfect dress for casual day wear.
Dress for an Evening Out
This high-waisted fitted dress is simply sexy. The cut out neckline design and the full flare skirt give fantastic shape. This dress is not only very sexy but it can be cute too. The back features a cut out opening that shows just enough to keep it interesting.
For more hints and tips about what to wear as a petite lady, check out the blog. It is regularly updated with style and outfit ideas for shorter women. Miss William’s stock is tailored especially for petite ladies so that you can shop with confidence that you will look fabulous in every purchase.