I was sent a sampling of books to facilitate my post. I did receive monetary compensation. Giveaway prizing provided by Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. Opinions are all my own.
*Update* Giveaway has ended and winner has been contacted and verified.
Did you have any idea that this year marks the 50th Anniversary of the longest running and highest rated holiday special of all time. If you’re reading this post then it’s safe to say that “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,” has been a show you and your family have watched together every holiday season. My mom used to watch this when she was a child. I watched it every year as a child and growing up through my teen years. Now I share this original television classic with my children in hopes they will also share with their children one day.
Has watching “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” become a family holiday tradition at your house?
- Visit Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group Official Website
- Follow Macmillan Kids on Twitter #Rudolph50
The anniversary celebration includes a major tie-in with the U.S. Postal Service, tribute promos from CBS, a collector’s edition DVD with new bonus material, a new stage musical, theme park and in-mall entertainment, and a social media campaign – #ShineBright – that celebrates uniqueness in association with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center.
ABOUT THE BOOKS
Square Fish, an imprint of the Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, is releasing 6 new Rudolph-themed books that span a variety of formats, including the first ever graphic novel starring Rudolph and company, RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER: THE ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS, by Brendan Deneen. Other formats include a classic storybook, a picture book, slide-and-find and lift-the-flap board books, and a ‘My Reader’ edition specifically designed for beginning readers. There’s something for the whole family!
I’ve enjoyed reading with my children and they have been reading to me, which is something else entirely. My oldest can read to me, that still blows my mind. All the books listed below you’ll also have the chance of winning. Keep reading!
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Classic Story – Deluxe 50th Anniversary Edition for ages 4-8
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Slide and Find – Board Book for ages 2-4
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Life-the-Flap – Board Book for ages 2-4
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Rudolph Saves the Day – Paperback picture book for ages 3-7
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: My Reader – Level 2 Paperback Reader for ages 5-7
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Island of Misfit Toys – Middle-Grade Graphic Novel for ages 7-12
One winner from your site will receive the collection of 6 new Rudolph children’s books. Open to US residents only. Giveaway will end at 11:59 pm CT on December 14, 2014. Winner will be e-mailed.