Do you have beef jerky for lunch or dinner? While you might be away eating those burgers that have high fats, you would be missing out on tasting something that’s not just tastier but more nutritious, too.
The beef jerky was invented by the Native Americans who used to preserve their meats for the winters or for times when hunting did not give them enough meat. In today’s time, salt and heat along with spices are used to accentuate the flavor of organic beef jerky. Let us analyze some of the advantages of eating organic beef jerky.
- High in protein – Beef jerky is quite high in protein as an ounce piece of this product provides you with 9.4 grams of protein. Around 46 grams of protein are recommended for adult women while 56 grams are needed by men. Beef jerky is one of the best ways to get your daily dose of proteins and that too in a healthy and tasty way.
- Does not raise insulin levels – Like other snacks, beef jerky does not raise the level of insulin in your blood. Insulin is a hormone that gives the body the signal to store fat in it. This is why beef jerky is considered to be a great in-between meal snack, especially for those people who are trying to lose weight.
- All-natural ingredients – All the ingredients used in organic beef jerky are absolutely natural which helps reduce the total sodium content in your food. High levels of sodium and nitrate and MSG or Monosodium glutamate can cause severe complications in the body and recent researches show that it may also lead to the formation of cancer-causing cells or nitrosamines in the human body.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids – Studies reveal that organic beef jerky possesses the same kind of healthy omega-3 fatty acids which are found in fish and are quite helpful in brain development. Omega-3 fatty acids are recommended to children below 5 years of age as it helps to develop their brain and make their mind sharper than before.
- Rich in Zinc – An ounce of organic beef jerky offers 2.3 milligrams of zinc. Zinc is essential in supporting your body’s functions such as boosting your immune system or enhancing the process of cell division. Your wounds heal slowly and you may lose the sense of taste and smell with zinc deficiency.
- Organic – Organic food stuffs are any day an ideal choice as compared to the other food stuff mainly because they are free from all kinds of preservatives and chemicals and are healthy to eat. Organic food stuffs get digested easily and contain very less fat in it which is good if you wish to support a fit and lean body.
All these make the beef jerky the best bet if you’re looking to get some good nutrition. You can know more about organic beef jerky and how it can help you.