My family and I are looking forward to seeing this Disney classic brought back to life for a brand new generation of moviegoers. Embark on an unforgettable adventure with Mowgli and his jungle friends. Watch The Jungle Book like you’ve never seen it before, in live-action this coming April.
THE JUNGLE BOOK opens in theatres everywhere in 3D, RealD 3D, and IMAX 3D on April 15th!
Directed by Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”), based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless stories and inspired by Disney’s classic animated film, “The Jungle Book” is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves. But Mowgli finds he is no longer welcome in the jungle when fearsome tiger Shere Khan (voice of Idris Elba), who bears the scars of Man, promises to eliminate what he sees as a threat. Urged to abandon the only home he’s ever known, Mowgli embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery, guided by panther-turned-stern mentor Bagheera (voice of Ben Kingsley), and the free-spirited bear Baloo (voice of Bill Murray).
“The Jungle Book” is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub raised in the jungle by a family of wolves, who embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery when he’s forced to abandon the only home he’s ever known.
Along the way, Mowgli encounters jungle creatures who don’t exactly have his best interests at heart, including Kaa (voice of Scarlett Johansson), a python whose seductive voice and gaze hypnotizes the man-cub, and the smooth-talking King Louie (voice of Christopher Walken), who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly red flower: fire. The all-star cast also includes Lupita Nyong’o as the voice of the fiercely protective mother wolf Raksha, and Giancarlo Esposito as the voice of wolf pack’s alpha male Akela. “The Jungle Book” seamlessly blends live-action with photorealistic CGI animals and environments, using up-to-the-minute technology and storytelling techniques to immerse audiences in an enchanting and lush world.
Stay Connected via Social Media
- Like THE JUNGLE BOOK on Facebook: facebook.com/DisneyJungleBook
- Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Twitter: twitter.com/TheJungleBook
- Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Instagram:instagram.com/disneythejunglebook
- Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Pinterest: pinterest.com/disneystudios/the-jungle-book/
- Follow THE JUNGLE BOOK on Google+: plus.google.com/112416455929607370682/posts
- Visit Walt Disney Pictures on Tumblr: disneystudios.tumblr.com/
- Follow Walt Disney Pictures on YouTube: youtube.com/user/DisneyMovieTrailers
- Visit the official THE JUNGLE BOOK website here: movies.disney.com/the-jungle-book-2016