Modern moms do it all. We work, we run households, we head committees, and most importantly, we raise children and nurture families. Most of the time, we’re too concerned with our to-do lists to give much thought to style. However, looking great doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. With the right items in your wardrobe, you can look like a million bucks, in mere minutes. Keep reading for fashion staples and tips on staying well dressed without sacrificing comfort, extra time, or loads of cash.
Stylish Active Wear
Sacrifice style for comfort? No way! When it comes to gorgeous, yet comfortable, athletic wear, there’s only one name you need to know: Lululemon. The brand, created by Chip Wilson and his wife, Shannon, is known for its line of yoga and workout apparel that will take you straight from the mat and into your daily routine. Indeed, with standout items like patterned leggings, form-fitting tees and flowing tanks, it’s no wonder that Lululemon is a favorite among active women. Even better, Chip Wilson has grown Lululemon into the go-to answer for fashionable moms, whether they spend a lot of time in the gym or not; but, if you do enjoy breaking a sweat, these clothes will keep you looking great while doing so. What’s more, with offerings like bags, scarves, undergarments and even skirts and dresses, Lululemon has everything you need to complete a casual, sophisticated look in minutes, no matter your schedule or list of commitments.
To amp up the versatility of your wardrobe, choose classic pieces that can be worn in a number of ways. For example, staples like the following are must-haves for stylish, on-the-go moms.
- Dark jeans. Contrary to popular belief, denim doesn’t have to look lazy or sloppy. However, forget the “mom jeans,” and opt for a dark wash in a flattering cut.
- Cardigans. Go from cleaning house to lunch dates by throwing a pretty cardigan over a basic tee or tank. Flowing cuts in lighter fabrics are most flattering, so look for a cardigan that falls to the hips and doesn’t cling to your frame.
- Blazers. Like cardigans, blazers are a great way to dress up tees, tanks and jeans. Keep it feminine by choosing a slim fit, and dress it up with eye-catching jewelry or a colorful scarf.
- Outerwear. On those days when you’re rushing out the door to run errands, hide a less-than-stellar outfit with a classic trench. For instant glamour, pair it with ballet flats, heels or ankle boots, then it top off with oversize sunglasses.
Having fun with accessories is a great way to make the most of your wardrobe staples. After all, taking classic pieces like button-down tops from daytime to nighttime is as simple as adding a great brooch or statement necklace. To turn your everyday wardrobe into something exciting and unique, stock up on great accessories like the ones listed below:
- Scarves – Hands down, scarves are the simplest way to punch up an everyday outfit. To add interest to an understated look, opt for bold colors or patterns, and experiment with placement. For example, scarves can be draped around the neck, tied around the head, or even knotted around the strap of your handbag.
- Statement jewelry – To jazz up your favorite little black dress, try adding a cocktail ring, a bold cuff bracelet or a bib necklace. These pieces can lend a more modern feel to your look, and are a fun way to bring your favorite outfits up to date.
- Classic jewelry – If you’re going for a classic look, a few great options include a strand of pearls, polished gold bangles and stud earrings made from your favorite gemstones. Also, old-fashioned pieces like cameo pins are great for date nights, as they add a touch of romance to any outfit.
In the end, how you look depends on you feel. When choosing wardrobe pieces, go the extra mile when it comes to factors like a proper fit and flattering colors; in doing so, you’ll choose pieces that leaving you feeling cool, confident and comfortable.